Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rutland, VT Show

Yesterday was a busy but fun day at the double show in Rutland, VT. I brought 7 buns along with me, and there were approx. 20-25 entered overall by several different breeders.

I have very few pictures of this show due to all the running around that was happening, LOL. The judge for the first show was Rusty Westhoff, and Giacomo took BOB in that one while the BOS was won by a beautiful Steel doe owned by Brenda (Sorry, I can't remember her last name but she is an extremely nice lady who is just getting into FAs:) ). The second show was judged by Josh Humphries, and this time Indira took BOB while the BOS went to Giacomo, and in the BIS competition for Show B Indira also took Reserve in Show, next to Linda Cassella's Colored EA Sr. doe:).

I also decided to bring two 4 month old does along from Morwenna's last litter, and both did pretty well also, placing at the tops of their classes with one taking first in each show.

As far as the Registrar's Test went, I think I passed though I don't want to say anything for sure because we all know what happens to people who count their chickens before they're hatched, LOL. I will know the results in 2 weeks and if everything went well I will start looking for judges to work with to fulfill the second half of the requirement:).


Below are two quick pictures that were taken by my mother (and perpetual travel partner:)) while I was off doing bunny stuff. The first is of me grooming somebunny (either Giacomo or Indira, I think), and the second is of the buns sitting around in their carriers between shows.











I will be sure to post a good picture of Indira as soon as there is time, but this coming week will otherwise be devoted to clipping down rabbits and getting 5-6 does bred while the temperatures are still cool:(. I will also start the fun work of getting babies separated and evaluated over the next couple of weeks, and then I will have some idea of who is who and what is what in each litter, LOL.



More again next week and have a FUN Memorial Day weekend!:-)

No comments: