Sunday, January 11, 2009

PA Convention and the UARC


Since I haven't discussed it before I guess I'll post something today about the United Angora Rabbit Club (the UARC). I was previously the president of this club when it first got off the ground, but I took a break for several months when life got busy with the kids, and I am now in that position again looking forward to a great year of wonderful angora activities!


The UARC is hosting it's first specialty of the year at the PA State Convention on Feb. 7, 2009. Awards for this show will include BOB, BOS, BOV, and BOSV, and the show will be Open Entry only and Day-of-Show Entry only.


Also included with this show will be a Skein and Garment contest hosted by the Pangora Club of PA, which all exhibitors are encouraged to enter and attend. Hotel information for the town of Lebanon, PA can be found on the PaSRBA website at http://www.pasrba.org/ (click 'Convention'), and we are looking forward to a great turnout and seeing lots of good angora friends at the show:).


Btw, information for this show is NOT included in the general PA Convention catalog, so we will continue to post reminders as the show date draws near and the information will also be on the UARC Website Home Page at http://www.unitedangorarabbitclub.org/.


Other exciting projects planned for the coming months in this club include more shows, regular wool runs, a future Angora calendar (yipee!!), a Sweeps program, and a radically expanded website with a great deal of rabbit-related information on it. We will also be continuing with our regular newsletter among other things, and there is a very active list included with membership as well:).

In current events around my house, life is getting a little busier and I am gearing my bunnies up for the first big (early:)) 'spring' breeding of the year to be started after the PA show is over. I think I've got about 5 or 6 does ready to go at that time, and several bucks who are now of age and ready to sow their wild oats (if all goes well, LOL).


Have a great week:-)!




No comments: