Saturday, October 10, 2009

NY State Convention



Due to a severe head cold that hit me the day of the show last weekend and lasted all through the week (and due to the fact that the kids caught it, too) this post is a week late:-).

Last weekend was the NY State Convention in Syracuse, NY, and I went up on Saturday just for the one day double show. There were 34 French entered with 7 exhibitors, and the judges were Pam Nock (Show A), and Ruth Ann Bell (Show B). I brought 5 Seniors to enter, and Spang's Juno took BOB in the first show with Spang's Giacomo earning BOS, and Giacomo took BOS in Show B again.

The day before the show I took a few pictures of my Fall show buns, so

here they are in all their glory:). Giacomo is shown above here, followed in order by Spang's Karenina, Spang's Juno, Spang's Davita, and my ultimate favorite doe this Fall, (in 2 pictures) Spang's Etienne:). Etienne is a beautifully typed doe with one of most even coats I've ever bred yet. Believe it or not she just weaned her first litter 5 weeks before this picture was taken, LOL!









Next are a few scenes from the show. Here's the grooming area:




The show hall itself (a very big one!):




Some of my buns in their carriers groomed and waiting for the show:):



Pam Nock judging the first show with Giacomo on the end after winning the Colored Sr. buck class (Doesn't it look like he's saying, "What the heck is this? Where in the heck is my luxury condo at home?" )



Pam again blowing into Davita's coat (Colored Sr. doe class):


And these are the Colored Sr. does, typically the biggest and most competitive FA class . As you can see there were not enough cubbies to hold everyone here, so that is me on the end holding one of the 'spillovers':


This is Ruth Ann Bell judging Giacomo in Show B:




All in all this was a fun show (with the exception of my sore throat and rip roaring headache:-)), and next we will be heading to the last show of the season in Fulton, NY, provided that everyone stays on feed and keeps their coats whole and intact. I am also in the middle of culling the last of the Fall litters which yielded some pretty little babies, and I will be shearing and breeding again over the next 1-2 weeks.

More again next time (and this time it won't be late, LOL!). Have a great week and enjoy the co0000l Fall weather:-)

No comments: