Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fulton (and other stuff)

Well, I did end up traveling to the Fulton show this weekend but as luck would have it I walked out the door without my camera:(. Since this turned out not to be one of the better shows of the season I guess there was a Freudian reason for leaving it at home (LOL!), but either way I will remember to bring it next time and there will be lots more to post:).

I managed to pick up three or so legs with jrs. and my REW Cross doe Diana which was unexpected and nice, so now I will get a few more buns sheared and bred this week and wait for the season to finish up entirely so everyone else can be bred and retired to the nestbox.

One very exciting thing that happened this weekend was that I picked up 2 new Giant Angora babies! Janet Gruber traveled a very long distance from Ohio to drop them off for me (which I am grateful for:)), and so now I have one REW and one Black baby buck settling in nicely downstairs, who will hopefully help to kick off a brand new 'Spang' GA line:-).

And other than this, there is nothing much else to report. The time is coming near now where the barn will have to be pulled apart for BIG spring cleaning, and it will be nice to get everything pressure-washed, scrubbed down, and disinfected. If it comes down to needing much more space for the Giants at some point then I will think about adding a new wing to the barn to accomodate them, but we'll see how things unfold as time goes by.

More again next week as Easter approaches and there are tons of kid-related things to do including dying massive amounts of easter eggs and decorating the house with crafts and our ever growing 'bunny' collection, LOL. Have a fabulous week and an even better holiday!

2 comments:

Deb W said...

Your news about the Giants is kind of shocking. For someone SO identified with FAs to pick up another breed.....but then on the other hand, why not?

Amy said...

Well, the French will always be my main breed (always and forever, LOL), but I thought it would be nice to try something new occasionally, and the Giants have always been my 'second' favorite:).