Thursday, March 8, 2012

Back Again:)

Well, it's been a ridiculous amount of time since my last blog post, and I wish I could point to one specific reason why I've been so lackadaisical but I have to confess that there just isn't one, LOL. I've been very busy with kids, rabbits, and work (especially work), and there hasn't been a lot of extra time for writing. Things are slowing down now and I've figured out a few ways to save time (thank goodness:)), so I think things will get back on track now. There are several pictures and articles saved to post over the next couple of days/weeks, so I'll get those up shortly as well.

I have attended zero shows for the most part except for the PA Convention in Feb. That was fun, though it didn't go as well as it has in the past due to the fact that my coats weren't primed and I wasn't prepared the way I should have been (and usually am:( ).

Despite the lack of blogging I have not been idle on the breeding front. I just wrapped up the last cull of the winter breedings and I currently have 7 does bred with 4 more due to get bred next weekend to space the litters out and make room for everyone. Most of my breedings this time are French, but a few are Satin cross breedings that should result in the first phenotypical Satin babies in the barn:). All will be posted on my website at www.spangangoras.com on the breeding page as soon as I can get them up.

I still house mainly French, but as I mentioned I am working on Satins as well. I have to admit that I never thought I would like these rabbits owing to their sparse wool, etc, but they have been genuinely growing on me the past few months as I have come to truly appreciate their hardiness, breeding ability, and ease of care. I came very close to giving up my Giants entirely for several reasons which I'll explain in a future post, but I have decided to hold onto a few of those as well and just work harder to make them heavier, thriftier, and more consistent in quality and wool.

Anyway, so this is the current update, and I will get back to regular posting as my schedule allows. Have a wonderful weekend and C U here again soon!:-)

No comments: